6 week Early Communication Program – 18 months – 3 years
This is a 6-session program for children who have been identified as “late talkers” or who have an expressive language delay. This includes parent coaching with practical hands-on strategies, information about how to use some new ways to help your child communicate (gestures and pictures), and take-home material (articles to read as well as “homework” to complete at home). The sessions are individual sessions, the are 50 mins and are broken down into 40 minutes (direct instruction) and 10 mins of parent coaching and home programming. Cost: $120.00/session or $720 for the full program.
This program is for children who are 18 months to 3 years of age who have an expressive language delay.
Your child may benefit if he/she:
- By 18 months, has an expressive vocabulary of less than 25 words
- By 24 months, has an expressive vocabulary of less than 50 words
- Your child has a good understanding of language but has difficulty expressing themself
- Has weak social and play skills
- 6 individual therapy sessions with an SLP, including parent coaching
- Personalized goal setting for your child (at the start and end of the program)
- Hands-on strategies (get down, play like a child, create opportunities for your child to communicate etc.)
- Information about different ways to teach your child how to use other ways to communicate (i.e. using pictures and gestures/signs).