EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMUNICATION PROGRAM
AGES: 18 months – 3 years
DURATION: 6 Sessions
This is a 6-session program for children who have been identified as “late talkers” or who have an expressive language delay. This includes parent coaching with practical hands-on strategies, information about how to use some new ways to help your child communicate (gestures and pictures), and take-home material (articles to read as well as “homework” to complete at home). The sessions are individual direct sessions, which are 60 mins in length, and are broken down into 45 minutes (direct instruction), 10 mins of parent coaching and home programming and 5 minutes of cleaning protocols.
This program is for children who are 18 months to 3 years of age who have an expressive language delay.
Your child may benefit if they:
- By 18 months, have an expressive vocabulary of less than 25 words
- By 24 months, have an expressive vocabulary of less than 50 words
- Have a good understanding of language but difficulty expressing themselves
- Have weak social and play skills
- 6 individual therapy sessions with an SLP, including parent coaching
- Personalized goal setting for your child (at the start and end of the program)
- Hands-on strategies (get down, play like a child, create opportunities for your child to communicate etc.)
- Information about different ways to teach your child how to use other ways to communicate (i.e. using pictures and gestures/signs).
INVESTMENT: $130 / session
(Or $780 for the full program)