EARLY CHILDHOOD SOCIAL COMMUNICATION PROGRAM
AGES: 18 months – 3 years
DURATION: 6 sessions
This is a 6-session program for children who are between 18 and 36 months of age and have delayed social language skills and/or have been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. This includes parent coaching with practical hands-on strategies, information about how to use some new ways to help your child communicate (gestures and pictures), and take-home material (articles to read as well as “homework” to complete at home). Sessions are 60 mins in length, and are broken down into 45 minutes (direct instruction), 10 mins of parent coaching and home programming and 5 minutes of cleaning protocols. . Many of our clinicians are registered with the Saskatchewan Autism registry and meet the requirements for Individualized Program Funding. As well, services may be covered by your employer or personal health plan benefits.
Your child may benefit if they:
- Are not yet using words or has started using some single words
- Have a good understanding of language but has difficulty expressing themselves
- Have weak social and play skills
- 6 individual therapy sessions with an SLP, including parent coaching
- Personalized goal setting for your child (at the start and end of the program)
- Hands-on strategies (get down, pre-speech skills, imitation, etc.)
- Information about different ways to teach your child how to use other ways to communicate (i.e. using pictures and gestures/signs).
INVESTMENT: $130 / session
(Or $780 for the full program)