Office Administrative Assistant
Speech Language Network, Ltd.
110-410 Jessop Ave.
At The Speech Language Network, we’re passionate about communication. We’re a multidisciplinary group of therapists, from speech-language pathology to occupational therapy and art therapy. We work with kids and adults. We love what we do and it shows.
We are growing fast and needing help in the office: someone with the ability to keep the office running smoothly; keep our clients and co-workers on track and organized; and someone who is comfortable wearing many hats to help the whole business succeed.
Office Administrative Assistant
In this role you’ll be the first face our clients see – a pillar of our entire organization. From booking appointments to disinfecting surfaces, you will help ensure our office and business runs smoothly. You’ll be working with our team of therapists, and you’ll be the right hand of our Office Manager.
Specifically, we’ll be asking you if you have these experiences:
- Excellent phone skills. Our clients appreciate being able to resolve issues on the phone.
- Experience talking to people in person and by email in a people-centred job like customer service. This role supports the whole business, so we want you to have a friendly, outgoing personality and be excited about talking to and supporting a wide range of people.
- Keeping our facilities spotless and clean with our enhanced COVID19 cleaning protocols.
- Excellent computer skills. You’ll be managing our calendar of appointments, the centre of our business.
- Experience handling situations with people in real time when things didn’t work out the way they should. Everyone has an off day. Are you up to helping our clients work things out?
- Managing the supplies. This role is about the details – you take great pride in your work and making sure the office is supplied with all the essentials.
- Handling the money. Taking payments and issuing receipts.
- General office duties, such as refilling the copier, putting our therapy tools away, and taking out the trash.
And these qualities:
- You are a self-starter, solution-oriented, and able to prioritize multiple requests. You don’t need to be told twice.
- You have terrific organizational skills and follow-through, and a dedication to excellence.
- You have excellent verbal and communication skills, with natural empathy and optimism, because we are all about communicating.
- You possess the ability to work well independently, and as a member of a team.
- You’re savvy enough to be able to discretely let us know if you see things that give you pause.
- You have a genuine desire to engage with people.
- You must have a high school diploma. If you have additional training and/or administrative experience, please tell us about it.
- Computer skills. (We use Google docs, Microsoft Excel and Word, PowerPoint once in a while, and OWL all the time. Please tell us if you’re familiar with any point-of-sales (POS) software (like Stripe or Square).
About The SLN
This is a close to full time position, working out of our location at 410 Jessop Avenue [for 30-35 hours/week]. It’s an exciting time for us and a great time for you to join our team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Amanda Thomas, SLN Office Manager at email@example.com