Kara Broks

Reg. Speech-Language Pathologist
B.Sc., M.Sc., (C), S-LP, (CCC)
Founder of the Speech Language Network, Ltd.

Kara’s passion for educating people on speech language and social language skills is topped only by her caring nature. Her commitment to people is that they feel safe, welcome, and free from judgement as they conquer their long- and short-term goals. From the child who now has friends and can communicate more with the world to the fellow who has significantly advanced his career by overcoming a stutter, she puts every effort into bringing out the best in people to help them build confidence and skill sets to unlock their true potential and be the best communicators they can be.

Kara believes it is all about what makes each person tick. “Most often, people have 70% of the skills they need to overcome their challenges. I help them to find the techniques to tackle the other 30% and try to make them smile while they do it.”

With a Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology and Bachelor’s in Kinesiology, Kara has been helping children, teens and adults improve their communication skills and confidence for close to two decades. In her spare time, Kara enjoys being at the lake, water skiing, visiting the mountains, swimming, reading, campfires, and spending time with her family.


Kara reading the Library Lion
Kara Broks with a table of educational toys


  • Adolescent, teen and adult speech-language, auditory processing and social language therapy
  • Speech therapy for articulation and enunciation of speech sounds
  • Myofunctional Therapy (Lip seal, swallow, tongue thrust, breathing, eating, etc.)
  • Tongue Thrust Remediation
  • Auditory Rehabilitation (Hearing Loss) 
  • Fluency / Stuttering Therapy
  • Voice Modification Therapy
  • Accent Reduction Therapy
  • Cognitive Communication Therapy (Acquired Brain Injury)
  • Social Language training
  • Learning disabilities and behavioural difficulties


  • Northern Speech Services (NSS) – Natural Language Acquisition In Autism: Echolalia To Self-Generated Language
  • Workplace Mental Health Workplace Certified – Queens University
  • Cognitive Communication Disorders Level 1 – Treatment & Assessment after Acquired Brain Injury
  • Master Class: Advanced Implementation of Executive Function Interventions – Sarah Ward
  • Estill Voice Training Level 2 – Figure Combinations & Voice Qualities
  • Estill Voice Training Level 1 – Figures of Voice Control, Evidence Based Treatment for Muscle Tension Dysphonia (MDT), Accessible Methods for Voice Assessment
  • Kaufman Speech Praxis Assessment & Therapy for Apraxia of Speech
  • Orofacial Myology/Tongue Thrust: An Introduction with Assessment Applications
  • PROMPT – Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (P.R.O.M.P.T.) –Introduction Level One
  • Compton P-ESL Accent Modification – Certified
  • ISTAR – Assessment & Treatment for Stutterers
  • Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing for Phonemic Awareness, Reading & Spelling Training (LiPS)
  • Lindamood Seeing Stars for Phonemic Awareness, Reading and Spelling Training (SI)
  • Lindamood Visualizing Verbalizing for Language Comprehension & Thinking Training (V/V)
  • The Conversation – The Conversation: A Comprehensive Social Skills Training Program – Curriculum Based
  • Social Thinking -The Informal Dynamic Assessment and Core Treatment Strategies – Teens & Adults
  • Social Thinking – Implementing Social Thinking Concepts and Vocabulary – All Ages
  • Social Thinking – The Spectrum of Social Functioning: Getting Started with Treatment Planning –Age 5+
  • Social Thinking – Social Detective, Superflex®, and Friends Take On Social-Emotional Learning -Age 5-14
  • Hanen Certified – It Takes Two To Talk, Learning Language and Loving It & More than Words
  • Supporting Students with Learning Disabilities in the Classroom (Master’s in Ed Psych & Special Education Course – U of S)
  • Supporting Students with Behaviour and Special Needs in the Classroom (Master’s in Ed Psych & Special Education Course – U of S)
  • Alternative and Augmentative Communication Devices -Pat Mirenda
  • Pamela Marshalla – Developing Intelligibility in Children with Limited Expressions: Apraxia, Dysarthria and Low Cognitive Skills


  • Saskatchewan Registered Autism Spectrum Disorder Service Provider
  • Professional Member of ASHA (American Speech –Language Hearing Association) 2003-Present
  • Professional Member of SAC (Speech-Language & Audiology Canada) 2007-Present
  • Professional Member of SASLPA (Sk. Ass. of Speech Language Pathology & Audiology) 2007-Present
  • Member of the Saskatchewan Private Practice Committee 2008 – present
  • Chairpersonship of the Discipline Committee for SASLPA 2014 – present