At The Speech Language Network, we’re passionate about communication. We’re Speech-Language Pathologists, and we work with kids and adults. We love what we do and it shows.
We’re looking for a new part-time administrative assistant – someone with the ability to keep the office running flawlessly; keep our clients and co-workers on track and organized; and someone who is comfortable wearing many hats to help the whole business succeed.
Office Administrative Assistant (part-time)
In this role you’ll be the first face our clients see – a pillar of our entire organization. From booking appointments to taking payments, you will help ensure our office and business runs smoothly.
Specifically, we’ll be asking you if you have these experiences:
- Excellent computer skills. You’ll be managing our calendar of appointments, the centre of our business.
- Experience talking to people in person, on the phone, and by email in a people- centred job like customer service. This role supports the whole business, so we want you to have a friendly, outgoing personality and be excited about talking to and supporting a wide range of people.
- Experience handling situations with people in real time when things didn’t work out the way they should. Everyone has an off day. Are you up to helping our clients work things out?
- Managing the supplies. This role is about the details – you take great pride in your work and making sure the office is supplied with all the essentials.
- Keeping us tidy and orderly with a little light cleaning.
- Handling the money: Invoicing, billing and tracking client accounts.
- Managing the mail.
- Filing and keeping us organized.
And these qualities:
- You have excellent verbal and communication skills, with natural empathy and optimism, because we are all about communicating.
- You have terrific organizational skills and follow-through, and a dedication to excellence.
- You are a self-starter, solution-oriented, and able to prioritize multiple requests.
- You possess the ability to work well independently, and as a member of a team.
- You must have a high school diploma. If you have additional training and/or administrative experience, please tell us about it.
- Good computer skills. (We use Google docs, Microsoft Excel and Word, PowerPoint once in a while, OWL all the time, and Quickbooks Online. Please tell us if you’re familiar with any point-of-sales (POS) software (like Moneris, Stripe or Square)
About The SLN
This is a part-time position, working out of our brand-new location at 410 Jessop Avenue for 25 hours/week. It’s an exciting time for us and a great time for you to join our team.
To apply, please contact Kara Broks by submitting your resume to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Office Administrative Assistant Application, [yourname]“.
We will be accepting résumés until 12:00 pm, February 21st, 2020.
Are you interested? Would you like a copy of this to consider? Please feel free to download it here, and thank you for visiting.