Art for the Young at Heart
When was the last time you got to Play?
This six-week program for the Young at Heart is a warm, community atmosphere for sharing stories and feelings with fun and engaging art-making activities. Experimentation and play are encouraged, and you don’t need to be an artist to participate! Each session will run for 90 minutes, starting with a short check in, 60 minutes for art making and group discussion, and a closing circle where everyone has a chance to share their art.
***SMALL GROUP (max. 4 participants)
Art therapy is beneficial for adults because the process of art making engages the whole brain, stimulates the senses, and, in a group, provides social interaction. All of this helps to improve or maintain strong cognitive function. The art directives offered are tailored to stimulate meaningful discussion and exploration of emotions, as well as past, and current life experiences.
You, or an adult you know, might benefit if they:
- Are experiencing loneliness or a lack of connection with others
- Have gone through major physical, mental, or emotional changes
- Are new to their community
- Have any mental health diagnosis or a diagnosis that impacts their day to day functioning
- Are struggling with self esteem, or life transitions
- Need an outlet for healthy emotional expression
The program includes:
- Six sessions led by a Professional Art Therapist
- Coffee and tea to enjoy during the session
- A complimentary in-person intake session (20 mins),, and a complimentary closing meeting (20 mins) in person
- All materials and art supplies
- Providing a safe, comfortable environment for sharing stories and life experiences
- Providing an emotional outlet
- Enhancing social connection with others
- To take pleasure in creating art, and have fun
Ends Friday, January 8th
Phone in Registration by January 8th. Emily, our professional Art Therapist will contact you to set up a meeting.
Evenings 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Tuesday January 12th, 19th, 26th
Tuesday February 2nd, 9th, 23rd.