COMMUNITY FOUNDATIONS GROUP
AGES: 16 – 24 yrs
DURATION: 7 Sessions
The Community Foundations Group is a group designed to support youth and young adults (ages 16-24) with exceptionalities as they transition between life stages. Led by Registered Speech-Language Pathologists, this program will focus on improving social communication and expressive language skills. The group will bolster self confidence and help individuals build meaningful connections as they navigate various social settings (e.g., school, work, community, etc.). The group setting allows participants to learn and practice these skills in a safe environment among peers. The purpose of the group is to provide support to encourage more balanced and positive experiences as they integrate into varied settings with increased dynamic expectations.
Group sessions are 75 minutes in length and will run from September 9th to November 25th, 2021.
- September 9th @ 5:00pm
- September 23rd @ 5:00pm
- October 7th @ 5:00pm
- October 21st @ 5:00pm
- November 4th @ 5:00pm
- November 18th @ 5:00pm
- November 25th @ 5:00pm
STUTTERING AND EFFECTIVE SPEAKING PROGRAM
AGES: 13+ yrs
DURATION: 6 Sessions
*(offered throughout the year)
This 6 Session program is designed for teens and young adults who are working on their voice, enunciation and fluent speaking skills.
The Effective Speaking Program is offered to individuals throughout the year. It is recommended that the 6 sessions are completed within a three month period.
Your teen may benefit if they:
- Have difficulty initiating and maintaining conversations
- Have troubles using fluent speech when speaking
- Have difficulties expressing their thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely
- 6 individual therapy sessions with an SLP, including parent coaching
- Personalized goal setting for your child (at the start and end of the program)
- Active Daily Living Communication Tools (breath support techniques, voice projection, easy onset methods and conversation skills)
- Information about the art and science behind effective speaking skills and how to use them socially and professionally