4:30pm – 5:45pm Thursday, August 22nd
4:30pm – 5:45pm Monday, August 26th
4:30pm – 5:45pm Tuesday, August 27th
4:30pm – 5:45pm Wednesday, August 28th
4:30pm – 6:15pm Thursday, August 29th (Group Outing**)
**Fees include Outing costs & Food
Students will explore how to enhance the development of their social cognition for both classroom and social situations. Sessions offer a fun and safe environment to practice social language thinking skills and include parent education and programming.
Areas that will be covered:
- How social expectations change with age
- How to initiate and engage in face to face conversations
- How to build and maintain friendships
- Organization and time management (completing homework, using a schedule, keeping backpack organized)
- Taking responsibility for self
- Building self confidence and working through anxious situations
- and much more
Your teen may benefit if:
They have social language difficulties, LLD, ADHD, ADD, are on the spectrum, have a mild intellectual disability and/or fluency and speech difficulties.
6 Session Stuttering/Effective Speaking Program
This 6 Session program was designed for teens who are working on their voice, enunciation and fluent speaking skills.
Dates; Offered to client year around. Recommended the 6 sessions are completed in a three month period.
Your teen may benefit if he/she:
- Has difficulty initiating and maintaining conversations
- Has troubles using fluent speech when speaking
- Has difficulties expressing their thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely
- 6 individual therapy sessions with an SLP, including parent coaching
- Personalized goal setting for your child (at the start and end of the program)
- Active Daily Living Communication Tools (breath support techniques, voice projection, easy onset methods and
- Information about the art and science behind effective speaking skills and how to use them socially and