Sept. 10th, 17th, 24th,
Oct. 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th
Nov. 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Dec. 3rd WIND UP/XMAS party
12 SESSIONS (APPROX 18 HOURS)
This group was designed for participants age 14 and older through to their young adult years. Participants will learn how to enhance the development of their social cognition for both classroom and social situations. Sessions offer a fun and safe environment to practice social language thinking skills and include parent education and programming.
Areas that will be covered:
How social expectations change with age
How to initiate and engage in face to face conversations
How to build and maintain friendships
Organization and time management (completing homework, using a schedule, keeping backpack organized)
Taking responsibility for self
Building self confidence and working through anxious situations
and much more
Your teen may benefit if:
They have social language difficulties, LLD, ADHD, ADD, are on the spectrum, have a mild intellectual disability and/or fluency and speech difficulties.
6 Session Stuttering/Effective Speaking Program
This 6 Session program was designed for teens who are working on their voice, enunciation and fluent speaking skills.
Dates; Offered to client year around. Recommended the 6 sessions are completed in a three month period.
Your teen may benefit if he/she:
- Has difficulty initiating and maintaining conversations
- Has troubles using fluent speech when speaking
- Has difficulties expressing their thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely
- 6 individual therapy sessions with an SLP, including parent coaching
- Personalized goal setting for your child (at the start and end of the program)
- Active Daily Living Communication Tools (breath support techniques, voice projection, easy onset methods and
- Information about the art and science behind effective speaking skills and how to use them socially and